House Requests, Principles, Policies and TermsAGREEMENT: Using this website, making a reservation or booking a stay binds you to everything on this page. READ CAREFULLY.
Here at Fire Island Retreat we have one main house request: to simply relax and have a splendid stay!
- Respect: Be respectful to the other guests.
- Hours: You are welcome to stay out as late and get up as early as you would like!
- Check-in/out: Check-in begins at 12:00pm and check-out promptly at 11:00am. If you require a later check-out time please contact us to see if we are able to accommodate your request. If granted, additional fees may apply.
- Smoking: No smoking is allowed in the rooms, all indoor spaces, and many common outside areas; however, there are designated smoking areas outside to accommodate.
- Pets: No pets. As much as we love your furry friends (believe us we do–we have our own lovable Sheba Inu dog), we cannot accommodate any other pets on the premises. No exceptions.
- Occupancy: Occupancy per suite is two people. If you require additional occupancy please contact us in advance and we will do our best to accommodate your request. If granted, additional fees may apply.
- Adults only: All people must be 18 years of age or older. Exceptions may be made prior to arrival, please contact us in advance.
- Five Day Cancellation Policy: You have a right to a full refund if you cancel your reservation five full days prior to 12:00pm (noon) local check-in time (EST-Eastern Standard Time).
- One to Four Day Cancellation Policy: If a guest cancels less than five days in advance, the first night is non-refundable, and all remaining nights will be 50% refunded.
- Early Leave Policy: If a guest leaves early, the guest is responsible for any nights during the following 24 hour period, after this the guest will be refunded 50% of remaining nights of stay. Example: if a guest has a five-day booking, and leaves at 10am on the second day, they will be charged for the following night (night of the second day–even though they left prior to standard check-out time). They will be refunded (or charged, whichever is applicable) for 50% of the three remaining nights.
- Tax Policy: Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted, pursuant to state law.
- Supersession Policy: This cancellation policy may be superseded by safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances.
- Third Party Fee Policy: Any third party booking or credit card payment fees may not be refunded. If a third party charges a fee that won’t be refunded, we can’t refund that charge.
Failure to Comply:
We reserve the right to refuse service and lodging to anyone not adhering to the above principle, rules or our requests. Additionally, we reserve the right to cancel any booking and/or evict any people already booked, if in our sole opinion, we feel they have violated these rules or refused any safety, security, privacy, or tranquility request and we reserve the right to do so without any refund.
Credit Card Policy
Cards Accepted: Online we accept: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. Over the phone and at the time of your stay: we do not currently accept Diners Club.
Secure Online Transactions: We use several payment processors to accept and process your credit cards at the time of booking and at the time of your stay. When using a credit card online we do not store your credit card in any way. The entire initial, online booking and deposit checkout process is handled by either: Stripe or Paypal and they store your sensitive credit card info.
Agreement to Resupply Card Info: Sometimes, guests make additional requests or if for some other reason we need to manually process an additional charge or authorization we may request you call us and supply your card details over the phone. In this case, the additional charges will be billed by Square.
Bring your Cards with You: You agree to bring any and all cards used for any online and telephone transactions with you and to supply those cards and any others that you wish to use when you arrive at the time of your check-in.